Tender document for selection of a Chartered Accountant firm to act as pre auditor for GSTES – gandhinagar office, and schools managed by GSTES under tribal development department in Gujarat state.
While formulating the 9th Five Year Plan, Government of India realized that the state and quality of education in the tribal areas need improvement.. It was felt that as the tribal children suffer from various locational and social disadvantages, they lack self-confidence and exposure and this can only be resolved by providing the best possible quality of education which will increase employment opportunity and performance of Tribal youth. The public schools model was considered to be the best suited for improving the quality of schooling and for raising the confidence level and character of tribal children. Keeping in view these objectives, the Eklavya School Project was launched in the year 1999-2000.
These schools are expected to have the best possible educational and extra-curricular infrastructure. Government of India sanctions non-recurring grant of Rs. 12 crore per school and recurring grant of Rs. 125 lakh per year to each Eklavya Model Residential School (EMRS) run by the Tribal Development Department. These are co-educational residential schools expected to take care of all the requirements of the child without charging any fee and provide education from standards VI till XII.
Tribal Development Department has set up an autonomous Society; the GUJRAT STATE TRIBAL EDUCATION SOCIETY, (GSTES) or the Authority), commonly called Gujarat EMRS Society. The Society manages EMR schools with the help of government grants and some private support. The society also manages other schools: Model Schools funded by GOG and Girls Residential Schools in Low Literacy Areas (LLGRS) funded by Government of Gujarat in the Tribal Talukas of Gujarat.
The society is currently running three types of schools called Eklavya Model Residential School (EMRS), Low Literacy Girls’ Residential School (LLGRS) and Model Schools (MS) across the state. Presently altogether 85 schools are being managed by the society out of which 31 are EMRS, 43 are LLGRS and 12 are MS. GSTES invites proposals from C& AG empaneled Chartered Accountants (CA) for financial year 2017-18 for conducting Pre audit. The detailed scope of services and various activities is listed in the Terms of Reference in this tender document.
Proposal is to be submitted by the bidders in the form of physical submission of Technical Bids and online submission of Price Bids in accordance with the documents/ attachments required as per eligibility criteria set herein in the tender document.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BIDDERS
The Bidder should be fulfilling the following conditions and must also submit documentary evidence in support of fulfillment of these conditions while submitting the technical bid. Bids from consortiums are allowed up to a maximum limit of two members. Bids without documentary evidence will not be considered for further evaluation.
- A practicing CA Firm (Proprietorship or Partnership Firm) must have its Head Office/Branch in Gujarat State.
- The CA Firm shall be in practice for a period of 10 years or more (as per ICAI Certification as on Dt.01/01/2017.)
- Empanelment with CAG With F.Y.2016-17 (Copy of acknowledgment letter issued from C & AG for F.Y. 2016-17 and Application letter for Empanelment with CAG for F.Y.2017-18)
- The Firm (proprietor or partnership firm should have at least 2 C.A as partners/proprietor both them should be FCA (As per certificate of ICAI as on 01.01.2017)
- Turnover of the firm above 50 lakh (Average annual in last three financial yrs. 13-14, 14-15 & 15-16)
- of 10 audit assignments of Pre-Audit/Internal Audit/Statutory Audit of Government/PSUs entities except Bank Branch Audit having a turnover of not less than Rs. 1.00 Crore for the years which the audit has been done in the last 3 Financial years (F.Y.13-14 , 14-15. 15-16)
- The firm must have sufficient staff members having experience of Audit & Assurance.
- The firm or any partners of the firm should not have been black listed by any PSUs or Govt. Co. or any other organization in respect of any assignment or behavior. Those Firms / partners against whom the FIR/Complaint is lodged also need not apply.
- The firm should have minimum net average taxable income of Rs. 2.50 lakhs in last three Financial years. . (F.Y. 13-14, 14-15 & 15-16)
Last date of receipt of bids May 03, 2017 06.00 PM
For details click below